Monday, June 11, 2007

Preperations

I'm making hotel reservations, scheduling a photographer, getting directions to the prison, talking to friends who are urging me not to do this. I'm in reporter mode now - getting last minute interviews, asking myself how this story should be written, asking myself the "what ifs" and wondering, still wondering, what will it be like.

Christopher Scott Emmett is preparing to die.

I'm almost finished asking others what I can expect. No amount of talking with those who have been through it will really help. I have an idea of what to expect - but so did how many thousands of veterans returning from war with PTSD who were told what war was like.

Christopher Scott Emmett will find out what it was like to die, but he won't be able to share his experience. I will. I hope.

No comments: